Sunday, December 11, 2011

wright stuff iii


Last night we went to a triple billing at the New Beverly Cinema. It was programmed by Edgar Wright (Director of such films as Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead). He showed us three movies he'd never seen before and brought along his friends Greg Mottola (Director of Superbad) and Robert B. Weide (Producer for Curb Your Enthusiasm) for a little Q & A.  We got to see Steamboat Bill Jr. (with Buster Keaton), Modern Times (with Charlie Chaplin) and The Bank Dick (with W.C. Fields). 

I'm a little ashamed to say I'd never seen a full film with any of these comedy greats, but in a little over 5 hours I was able to check off three from my list. Modern Times was by far my favorite. I totally get the fuss about Charlie Chaplin now. His physical comedy -- bad ass. Seinfeld's Kramer has nothing on Chaplin.

No comments:

Post a Comment